September 17, 2012 by Jeremy Henderson 7 Comments. Final score: LSU 7 – Auburn 6. You guys can relax. There have been many memorable games in Tiger Stadium history. It seems whenever a Every LSU football home game is like a mini Mardi Gras.

College Sports Gift | Click here to upload more images (optional). The Tuesday after the game (the Reveille didn’t print on Mondays so that students did not have to work late on Sunday night) I was walking down Victory Hill to my car after class & opened the paper to read about the game. But, c’mon, wire-services were still pretty fast. I can only wish the same for some little bayou boy this Saturday night.

Louisiana State University Baton Rouge Trip. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. SEC Swimming and Diving | Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. That was the first time I remember crying after an Auburn game. I was nine. SEC Sports Fan Forum | After that game, there was so much broken/destroyed seating that LSU couldn’t repair all of it before the next game.

They had to remove the brackets and just bolt the metal seating right down onto the concrete.

“To have my name tied in with that play is an honor.

“I don’t see why not,” Stevenson says. The following Sunday morning, Stevenson woke up like the rest of the world. Shug’s 1972 letter from the Presidente De La Comisión Técnica De Foot Ball Americana, Isaac Okoro, the 2020 NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks, and me, Waxing on about the Auburn adventure of ‘Cobra Kai’ star Mary Mouser, The TODAY Show, The Weather Channel, Jeopardy! To receive credit as the author, enter your information below. I was cheering in the student section for The Earthquake Game. Over the course of Louisiana State University football history, the program has captured three National Championships (1958, 2003 and 2007). Husky Stadium has been the home of the Washington Huskies since it first opened in 1920. Some of those games include: Read more about LSU's Tiger Stadium at Best SEC Football Stadium. Follow us on Twitter. “While changing the chart on a demonstration instrument that I had installed on the floor of the laboratory, I noticed a relatively large signal from Saturday evening,” Stevenson says. Having a stadium filled with cheering fans can also give the home team’s players more motivation to play hard knowing there are tens of thousands of people cheering for them. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting. College Football Association | He caught it. The 1988 Auburn-LSU game was the first time I cried over football. Fans rock the stadium and show up on an earthquake recording system The Seattle-New Orleans game produced five seismic events A college in Louisiana also appeared as an earthquake … Kentucky Wildcats Football History | Like a vampire LSU loves to come out at night. Notably, in 1988 when LSU scored a touchdown late in the game to take the lead against Auburn.

Might not be a bad idea at times to keep the crowd intense the whole game long! The extra point, David Browndyke’s 69th in a row, was good. The bleachers we were on did give way as we jumped and hollered.

Both Donahue and Jones are in the College Football Hall of Fame.Coach Bernie Moore (1935-1947) was known for his high level of sportsmanship and encouraged a physical style of play.

“I don’t even know if it was another Auburn-LSU game or not. SEC Football Blog | Anyone who was there that night & sat in the North end zone can tell you about those bleacher seats & the vibrations from all the jumping & stomping. Wouldn't this mean that our reactions would regularly register on a seismograph? * Did an Auburn fan contribute to the teenage delinquency of Courtney Love? What with increased seating capacity and, if not rowdier, than at least likely heavier fans, could the same thing not happen again, if it hasn’t multiple times already – at Tiger Stadium or anywhere else with seismologic ears to hear? At some as yet undetermined point in the early 90s, the 1988 Auburn-LSU game was forced from its quiet home in the LSU win column, and now roams the cyberstreets of football folklore, cartooned with embellishments and hunted by sound bite snipers whenever a big game comes to Death Valley. SEC Soccer | Then select it. It was much more uncomfortable, but infinitely safer. Fuller was waiting in the back of the end zone for his third chance to catch the game winner. Time again to beat LSU.

I kept that paper for awhile but over the years it has disappeared. A question of semantics?

Brocker Way Age, Robert Beck Age, Can I Print My Voter Registration Card Online, Tory Lanez Remix Album, San Diego Toreros Baseball Rich Hill, Ouija Board Kmart, Online Drinking Games With Friends, Joshua Travis, Kookaburra Sail Shade Uk, Farewell, My Queen Full Movie Watch Online, Mary Kom Age, Employment Division V Smith Amicus Brief, Leprechaun Robin, In-laws In Practice Episode List, Forrest Burnett Shattered, Sligo Golf Course, Permanent Court Of Arbitration And Icj, Iman Now, Cheating Movies On Netflix, Berlusconi Documentary My Way, Titan Nathaniel Fiennes-tiffin, The Metropolitan State College Prices, The Birthday Party By Harold Pinter Summary And Analysis, Thor Name, " />

lsu earthquake game decibel level

lsu earthquake game decibel level

Was it? * Bjork in Jordan-Hare Upload 1-4 Pictures or Graphics (optional), SEC Sports Fan -- "The Best Fans in the World" Arkansas Razorbacks Football History | Georgia peak was 112 by us. Site Development by Buford Creek, LLC  |  Vita 1.6 by WP GPL, Posted on It WAS posted up on the bulletin board in the lobby of the Geology building. You can wrap a word in square brackets to make it appear bold. After a good play, people would stomp the seats & everyone would sway and bounce up & down. During his time at LSU, he led the Tigers to a Sugar Bowl title (and National Championship), beating Clemson 7-0. When the 49ers come to town on September 15, fans of the Seahawks don’t just want to be loud. Do you have a picture to add? You are right that after the first week or so, the seismograph was generally forgotten about. He did hear a “tremendous roar” come from the direction of the stadium at one point in the evening and later discovered that LSU had won their football game with a last-minute touchdown. The Earthquake Game was a college football game in which the crowd reaction after an important play registered on a seismograph. Read the rest of this entry →, Tags: Auburn TigersEarthquake GameLSU TigersPat Dye Category He didn’t watch the game on TV. SEC Golf | The long strips of metal seating were attached on brackets & sat about 3 to 4 inches ABOVE the concrete seating. Noise is always a factor. and then in 1963 moved permanently to the defense. But I was young. LSU beat Spring Hill 35-0 victory; and. Through a series of renovations and expansions, the current capacity for football games is 70,083. SEC Volleyball |

September 17, 2012 by Jeremy Henderson 7 Comments. Final score: LSU 7 – Auburn 6. You guys can relax. There have been many memorable games in Tiger Stadium history. It seems whenever a Every LSU football home game is like a mini Mardi Gras.

College Sports Gift | Click here to upload more images (optional). The Tuesday after the game (the Reveille didn’t print on Mondays so that students did not have to work late on Sunday night) I was walking down Victory Hill to my car after class & opened the paper to read about the game. But, c’mon, wire-services were still pretty fast. I can only wish the same for some little bayou boy this Saturday night.

Louisiana State University Baton Rouge Trip. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. SEC Swimming and Diving | Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. That was the first time I remember crying after an Auburn game. I was nine. SEC Sports Fan Forum | After that game, there was so much broken/destroyed seating that LSU couldn’t repair all of it before the next game.

They had to remove the brackets and just bolt the metal seating right down onto the concrete.

“To have my name tied in with that play is an honor.

“I don’t see why not,” Stevenson says. The following Sunday morning, Stevenson woke up like the rest of the world. Shug’s 1972 letter from the Presidente De La Comisión Técnica De Foot Ball Americana, Isaac Okoro, the 2020 NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks, and me, Waxing on about the Auburn adventure of ‘Cobra Kai’ star Mary Mouser, The TODAY Show, The Weather Channel, Jeopardy! To receive credit as the author, enter your information below. I was cheering in the student section for The Earthquake Game. Over the course of Louisiana State University football history, the program has captured three National Championships (1958, 2003 and 2007). Husky Stadium has been the home of the Washington Huskies since it first opened in 1920. Some of those games include: Read more about LSU's Tiger Stadium at Best SEC Football Stadium. Follow us on Twitter. “While changing the chart on a demonstration instrument that I had installed on the floor of the laboratory, I noticed a relatively large signal from Saturday evening,” Stevenson says. Having a stadium filled with cheering fans can also give the home team’s players more motivation to play hard knowing there are tens of thousands of people cheering for them. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting. College Football Association | He caught it. The 1988 Auburn-LSU game was the first time I cried over football. Fans rock the stadium and show up on an earthquake recording system The Seattle-New Orleans game produced five seismic events A college in Louisiana also appeared as an earthquake … Kentucky Wildcats Football History | Like a vampire LSU loves to come out at night. Notably, in 1988 when LSU scored a touchdown late in the game to take the lead against Auburn.

Might not be a bad idea at times to keep the crowd intense the whole game long! The extra point, David Browndyke’s 69th in a row, was good. The bleachers we were on did give way as we jumped and hollered.

Both Donahue and Jones are in the College Football Hall of Fame.Coach Bernie Moore (1935-1947) was known for his high level of sportsmanship and encouraged a physical style of play.

“I don’t even know if it was another Auburn-LSU game or not. SEC Football Blog | Anyone who was there that night & sat in the North end zone can tell you about those bleacher seats & the vibrations from all the jumping & stomping. Wouldn't this mean that our reactions would regularly register on a seismograph? * Did an Auburn fan contribute to the teenage delinquency of Courtney Love? What with increased seating capacity and, if not rowdier, than at least likely heavier fans, could the same thing not happen again, if it hasn’t multiple times already – at Tiger Stadium or anywhere else with seismologic ears to hear? At some as yet undetermined point in the early 90s, the 1988 Auburn-LSU game was forced from its quiet home in the LSU win column, and now roams the cyberstreets of football folklore, cartooned with embellishments and hunted by sound bite snipers whenever a big game comes to Death Valley. SEC Soccer | Then select it. It was much more uncomfortable, but infinitely safer. Fuller was waiting in the back of the end zone for his third chance to catch the game winner. Time again to beat LSU.

I kept that paper for awhile but over the years it has disappeared. A question of semantics?

Brocker Way Age, Robert Beck Age, Can I Print My Voter Registration Card Online, Tory Lanez Remix Album, San Diego Toreros Baseball Rich Hill, Ouija Board Kmart, Online Drinking Games With Friends, Joshua Travis, Kookaburra Sail Shade Uk, Farewell, My Queen Full Movie Watch Online, Mary Kom Age, Employment Division V Smith Amicus Brief, Leprechaun Robin, In-laws In Practice Episode List, Forrest Burnett Shattered, Sligo Golf Course, Permanent Court Of Arbitration And Icj, Iman Now, Cheating Movies On Netflix, Berlusconi Documentary My Way, Titan Nathaniel Fiennes-tiffin, The Metropolitan State College Prices, The Birthday Party By Harold Pinter Summary And Analysis, Thor Name,

Deixe uma resposta