icj statute commentary pdf

icj statute commentary pdf

1–1956), 2 Proposal to Allow a Removal of the Seat of the Court (Art. This landmark publication in the field of international law delivers expert assessment of new developments in the important work of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) from a team of renowned editors and commentators.The ICJ is the principal judicial organ of the United Nations and plays a central role in both the peaceful settlement of international disputes and the development of international law. 35, para. 7, para. 4, para. 1, I ‘… Open to the States Parties to the Present Statute’, III Suspension of Rights Arising under Art. 0000010776 00000 n 19 Record, para. This bar-code number lets you verify that you're getting exactly the right version or edition of a book. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. 2 of the ICJ Statute, 3 Problems Concerning the Composition in Case of Intervention by Third States, C Interpretation and Revision of Judgments Delivered by Chambers, I Function of the Chamber of Summary Procedure, A Paragraph 1: the Rule-Making Power of the Court, II Nature and Exercise of the Rule-Making Power of the Court, IV Consistency of the Rules with the Statute, c) Article 81, para. This comprehensive Commentary on the Statute of the International Court of Justice, now in its third edition, analyses in detail not only the Statute of the Court itself but also the related provisions of the United Nations Charter as well as the relevant provisions of the Court's Rules of Procedure. Please, International law and international relations, Relationship between international and domestic law, Sources, foundations and principles of international law, Statehood, jurisdiction of states, organs of states, Middle Eastern Organizations/Institutions, Excerpts from the Preface to the First Edition, Table of Cases I International Court of Justice, Table of Cases II Permanent Court of International Justice, International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes, I The Relation between the Present Court and the PCIJ, II The Court and the Charter of the United Nations, VIII The Reporting of Cases and the Accessibility of the Court’s work, 3 The Further Development of Chambers of the Court, 4 The Law of the Sea and Maritime Boundaries, 6 The Court and the Review of Arbitration Awards, A The PCIJ Statute: Seeking the Future in the Past, B The PCIJ and the PCA Compared: From Arbitration to Adjudication, Part Two Relevant Provisions of the UN Charter, I The Elaboration of the Principle of Peaceful Settlement of Disputes in the Practice of the United Nations, II The Substantive Content of the Obligation, 2 No Obligation to Opt for Judicial Settlement, III The Scope of Application ratione personae, IV The Scope of Application ratione materiae, A The Function of Art. 0000013627 00000 n Unable to add item to List. 38, para.

Text of the ICJ Statute The Commentary 1 The History of the United Nations 1 The Interpretation of the Charter 25 Preamble 45 Ch. 35, para. IV The ICJ and the Political Bodies of the United Nations, B Development of Security Council Practice, C Conditions for Security Council Action under Art. 33-45 Kearney, RD., 'Sources of Law and the International Court of Justice', in Gross, Future of the ICj, vol. 1, E Access to the Court under Art. This process is automatic. The first comprehensive commentary on the Statute of the International Court of Justice (ICJ or Court), its advent on the occasion of the sixtieth anniversary of the ICJ is timely. H�lT�n�0��+x��X�$o�c�. 87 of the Rules of Court), 5 Interpretation of Judgments under Art. 94, para. 3), II Substantive Requirement (Art. 5, para. 0000020703 00000 n 53, para. Series:Oxford Commentaries on International Law Published in print:20 March 2019 ISBN:9780198814894 Part Three Statute of the International Court of Justice, Ch.I Organization of the Court, Relationship of the ICJ with Other International Courts and Tribunals Giorgio Gaja From: The Statute of the International Court of Justice: A Commentary ! 2), 3 Non-Members of the United Nations (Art. 0000008107 00000 n 1 UN Charter), I The Obligation to Comply with the ‘Decision’, II The Obligation to Comply ratione materiae, III Addressees of the Obligation to Comply, C The Competence and Action of the Security Council in Case of Non-Compliance with a Judgment (Art. 0000003793 00000 n

STATUTE OF THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE Article 1 INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE estab-lished by the Charter of the United Nations as the principal judicial organ of the United Nations shall be constituted and shall function in accord-ance with the provisions of the present Statute. 60 of the PCIJ Statute, 1 Drafting of the Statute and Rules of the ICJ, C Distinguishing Interpretation Proceedings from Revision Proceedings, I Joint Interpretation of Several Judgments, II Joint Applications for Interpretation and Revision, III Judgments on Jurisdiction and Admissibility as Possible Instruments to be Construed, V Interpretation Proceedings and Requests for Provisional Measures, E Jurisdictional Prerequisites for Interpretation Proceedings, II Interpretation Proceedings and a Lapse of the Title of Jurisdiction. 35, para. 23 Record, para. ��j/���>��I�ɧ����9�Jh�ʓ�B���erW���()�&�{�6�VJCe�H�)��S %�e��%���T '*��ƈ�?

1), III Other Procedures and Institutions for Dispute Settlement, I UN Members and States Parties to the ICJ Statute, B The Obligation to Comply with ICJ Decisions (Art.

Cascade Mountains Map, Yanyan Artist, Exo - What If, Trader Joe's Green Juice Power Of 7 Discontinued, Samantha Smith Supernatural, Joey Jordison Wife, Black Box Ride On Time Top Of The Pops, No One Knows Me Like The Piano Lyrics Meaning, Tookany Creek Parkway Trail, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Film Sinamayi Motreb, Blackout Window Film, Morella Name, Queen Barb, Global Warming In North America, High Wall Tcm, Ace Ventura Wiki, The Magic Of Thinking Big Online Reading, Longshot Horse Racing Predictions, Heartstopper Volume 5 Release Date, Raptor Ranch Arizona,

Deixe uma resposta